Sunday, August 11, 2013

V is for Vicissitude

Change is not only inevitable, but necessary, for growth. I am not afraid, but I am bothered. I feel like fruits of my harvest for the past 8 years I have been in Seattle is getting a good shake from the Tree of V, and I sort of have to let go of many things.

The life as I have known it is just not going to be in rotation anymore...and even though I am happy and blessed and eternally grateful for this opportunity, for this life, it is hard to have to part with what I have gotten so comfortable living with. And I know that when I leave, it can't be the same as it was before, as I do not intend to return as the same person; how could I? 

I know things will only evolve, and get greater from here, but that doesn't make the parting with what I've always known, despite the fact that it will be for the better, any easier. 


I have received my itinerary, and the flight is going to take place in exactly 4 days from now. I have GREATLY under estimated time and  how little I had of it to tie up all my loose ends before I leave the country-- and the next voyage will be accompanied with a much better preparation plan. For goodness sake. I did only have 5 weeks to gather everything but, I really could have hustled harder. 

I have and have had doubt, fear, anxiety, excitement, bewilderment, wonder and so much more...I don't know how long I will be gone, but however long it is, will be long enough. <3

My friends, I cannot wait to see what will become of us all. I expect big things from you all, and you may expect the same. Let us win the day, every day....also, go Seahawks. 

Peace.

-V




No comments:

Post a Comment